Post date: Jun 14, 2018 8:44:39 AM
Last week, we held our Lean HE(Europe) committee meeting at UIT in Tromsø. We held the formal meeting in the morning and this was followed by an afternoon workshop exploring measuring benefits.
The formal committee meeting was predominantly focused on plans and support for the Lean HE conference which will be held in Tromsø later this year. I am incredibly excited about the conference, the team at UIT will be sending out further information about the schedule and speakers over the next month or so.
This was my first trip to Tromsø, so I thought I’d share a couple of tips with you all.
· Most places seem to be cash free, so you will not need to bring much currency with you.
· There are a growing number of souvenier shops in Tromsø, in recognition of the popular tourist industry. This means that flights and hotels are also popular. I recommend that you book both your flight and hotel and soon as possible.
· Flights to Tromsø from the UK are very reasonably priced. My flight was actually cheaper than my train fare to the Stirling conference in 2016.
· It is likely to be cold in October/ November time (it is in the arctic circle after all). Bring warm clothes for outdoors, you may wish to wear layers because inside it will be toasty warm.
· There are lots of hairdressing shops in Tromsø – so we will all have the opportunity to have great hair during the conference.
· Tromsø residents rarely make eye contact with you, however do not mistake this for coldness. If you need assistance just ask –people are incredibly helpful.
· Tromsø is an amazing city with some awesome scenery, you will not be disappointed.
I look forward to seeing many of you at the conference. Just in case you haven’t booked yet – here’s the link www.uit.no/leanhe2018